Sunday, March 2

My Skin Story

As I started this post, I was going to review a skincare product that I have been absolutely loving lately but decided to hold that off for my next post. I will start by telling you a little about me, my skin story to be exact. Let's start with my teen years, age 12. The first year of high school, puberty hit me quite badly, my skin suffered. My skin broke out and was oily overall. Now I can tell you about my decade battling skin troubles but that'd be excessive. To cut the story short, I've tried so many products I've lost count. None seem to have worked nor made it any better. From drugstore to higher end brands, I've experimented with countless blemish fighting products. I even tried Proactiv which did more damage if anything. I gave up believing it is all hormonal and all I can do is wait.

The acne and oiliness stayed for most of my life until my early twenties, which was when I learnt the importance of a good skincare regime, a healthy healthier diet and most importantly drinking plenty of water. In my first few years of uni the breakouts began to clear. My skin was now combination, oily in the t-zone and normal to dry in the cheek area. While I can't speak for the troubles during my teen years, I discovered in the past year that the true cause of my oily t-zone was due to dehydration. My skin is also quite sensitive which means the wrong products would irritate it more, cause breakouts and redness.

I found recently that by switching out my usual oil control moisturiser for one that was gel based which also targeted hydration, my skin has become as close to normal than it has ever been. I'm now only slightly oily in the t-zone towards the end of the day where in the past I was usually a fry pan by midday. Now I only need to find a treatment for the years of acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation and enlarged pores. Which is probably the toughest ones to treat.

That's it guys a summary of my skin history. The important thing to remember is everyone's skin is different. What may work for me, may or may not work for you and vice versa. But if your skin is similar to mine - combination/sensitive, then hopefully my experiences will help you. I will share with you in the future the products I love which have worked for me. Stay tuned for makeup and skincare reviews soon to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment