Monday, July 14

June Favourites


Hellooo again! It's now mid-July and time for me to post my favourites for the month of June. Better late than never, right? I missed out on May but most of the products I'll be mentioning I have been constantly reaching for through both months. Find out which products I've been loving after the jump!

Joico Smooth Cure Thermal Styling Protectant
Since cutting my hair short a few months back, my hair has been in need of extra effort after each wash so that I don't end up looking like a feather duster. Back when I had long hair it was truly a "long hair don't care" life and it would look decent air dried. Oh how I miss it! Nowadays I have to at least blow dry it for it to look presentable. My hair gets quite oily so I tend to wash it everyday also meaning that I blow dry it daily which can be really damaging. Prevention is key! I've been using this heat protecting spray on damp hair before I blow dry and so far I haven't seen any damage at all. The bonus is it's light-weight and the fruity scent is really pleasant.

By Terry Baume De Rose
Now and then my lips would be dry and more often so this Winter. On a few occasions I have woken up to my horror with cracked lips. Ouch! This was such a splurge spend but the results have justified it some bit. I've been using it as a night treatment and have said bye bye to dry lips. Not only has it kept my lips hydrated, my lip colour is naturally more pink and even. 


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
This palette was originally brought out as a limited edition and I initially missed out as I was overseas when it was released in Australia. I was jumping for joy when hourglass brought it back as a permanent. I absolutely love this palette and it does wonders for my complexion. I use Dim Light on the centre of my face to blur out the pores, Incandescent Light as a highlighter and Radiant Light as a bronzer/contour.   



GlamGlow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment
The Aussie Winter has sent my skin in a dry craze this year. It's especially hard to manage dry areas when you have oily/combination skin like I do. I really love GlamGlow's Youthmud which I reviewed here and this product was released just in the nick of Winter. My first impression? This has got to be the best smelling face mask I've come across. It's almost like a vanilla creme brulee. I usually put this on twice a week overnight sometimes right after using Youthmud. My skin would smell amazing and feel amazingly hydrated the next morning without any greasy feeling. GlamGlow is just doing everything right aren't they? I'm waiting for their new product Powermud to hit Australian shores.



Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
I have all three naked palettes as well as the Naked Basic but for some reason I have been reaching for this palette non-stop. Its just so easy to create a neutral eye which is my signature look. I especially like wearing Trick on its own or pairing Limit and Nooner for a natural contoured eye.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure
This has been my go to blush lately. It's just the perfect warm rosy plum that enhances my complexion and lifts up a natural look. It lasts all day and is just as beautiful on as it is in the pan. I would really like to get more colours and try some more products from Hourglass. I only own the two products but I can tell their products are of exceptional quality. The primer and foundation are what I want to try next and maybe their blush in Etheral Glow when the warmer months come.



Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control
My cushion curiosity began with IOPE Air Cushion XP. I've reviewed the IOPE version before but have since refreshed my blog so if you would like me to repost that review let me know in the comments below. On to Laneige BB Cushion, the version I have is the Pore Control in No.21 Naturual Beige. I was atttracted to this formula as it is recommended for oily/combination skin types. I prefer this as it has more of a matte finish as compared to IOPE which has a slightly dewy effect. The coverage on this is buildable to medium and it does what the name suggests. My pores seem less noticeable with this on and the oil control is good as well but I might have to test it again in Summer to see whether it can withstand the Aussie heat.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream
I've heard about this concealer from other bloggers from the UK. I'm not entirely familiar with the Bourjois range and this is the first product I've tried. I was in need of a new under eye concealer because the ones I owned were just not working that well on me anymore. My under eye area has also suffered this Winter and have also become dry. The fuller concealers were settling into my dry lines and enhancing them. I didn't have that problem with this and it covered my dark circles well. No. 22 Light Beige was a good match for me. The shade range is quite limited with three colours to choose from so I am lucky I found that suits me.



What is your favourite product this month? Or are any of the products I mentioned your favourite? 

If you would like a full review on any of the products I've mention let me know in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment