Wednesday, July 9

Review: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet


As promised, here is my review on Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Velvet (PLV) foundation. Sorry it's been long overdue but I've now finished up the bottle and I am still deciding whether I should repurchase it or not. I guess we'll find out together at the end of this review.

How I use it?
I first tried applying it with my fingers as recommended and also a brush but found that a damp BeautyBlender did the best job. I used the BeautyBlender Pro. The foundation had the tendency to settle a little too fast for my liking when applied with my fingers and was slightly harder to work with using a brush. I don't know, maybe I'm not doing it right? Point is it works a dream with the BeautyBlender. 


Review 
I have a love/hate relationship with the classic Perfection Lumiere. I liked the coverage and its lasting power but for me it was a little heavy for everyday wear and it would emphasise any dry patches I had. Which I do get every now and then

When PLV was released I was quite excited and picked it up straight away since it seemed to be a lighter alternative. The first and biggest difference I found is the consistency, which is more liquid similar to Vita Lumiere Aqua which made it feel really light on the skin and it had a gorgeous "velvet" finish where Perfection Lumiere was more matte. 

I have Perfection Lumiere in beige 20 which was a touch too light after my recent trip Asia but PLV in beige 20 oxidised to the perfect match. It's really quick and easy to apply which made it a no brainer "everyday go to". The packaging is also really sleek and travel friendly, taking up little room in my makeup bag.

I loved that it lasted for more than most of the day on my combination skin. It worked great on my oily t-zone with no need for blotting/powder for a good 7 hours where usually I'd be oily at the 4-5 hour mark. The thinsg I liked most is that it had decent oil control without being too matte, provided enough coverage to hide those minor imperfections and didn't make my large pores more noticeable. 

Would I repurchase? 
Yes at some point. It has replaced Perfection Lumiere on my favourites list but I always like trying new things and recently I've been caught up in the air cushion craze "hint hint". 

Love, like, dislike or dump? Love 




No comments:

Post a Comment