Monday, November 24

Review: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - Eye


I'm a big fan of SK-II and have tried many products they have to offer. This is the first eye cream I have tried from SK-II and I definitely had high hopes. It claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles and fine lines with a lightweight formula which is everything I'm looking for in an eye cream. 
How I use it? 
I apply this in the evening after the SK-II Ultimate Perfecting Essence LXP. I only use a very small amount (about half a pump) for both eyes. A little goes a long way. Using my ring finger I gently tap the cream in a circular motion around the eyes and extending it out a bit towards the temples. I did use this in the day as well but have substituted it with Mecca's To Save Eyes as it has SPF. 


Review

I really like this eye cream but I was left a little disappointed on how little it did for my dark circles. But then again, by now I should get the idea that no topical treatment could ever "permanently" diminish dark circles. I can say though my dark circles did not get any worse.
On to the good points, I like that it provides just enough moisture for me whilst remaining lightweight. It didn't cause any irritation or milia (bumps). In the fine lines department I don't really have a huge issue as I'm in my mid 20s but I did see improvements in the overall skin texture in that area and my "fine lines" I think more like dehydration lines were softened. Even the next day my under eye concealer was applying more smoothly. All in all I think the positives outweighs the negatives. It would be one of my favourite eye creams I've tried but I haven't liked many to be honest as many of them are either quite rich and caused milia or was not hydrating enough.

Would I repurchase? 

I do want to repurchase this but it was expensive at $125AUD for 15g of product. I'm sure there's something out there that does the same job for less. I just haven't found it yet. So I guess It's a no for now. 
Rating: 3.5/5
What's your favourite eye cream? Would you like a review for my day eye cream which has SPF? Let me know in the comments below. My mission to find a HG eye cream continues ...



No comments:

Post a Comment