Monday, April 14

Cleansing Water Comparisons (Caudalie, Bioderma and Garnier)



Today, I have a trio of micellar cleansing waters I want to share my thoughts on with you. I'm no science expert so I'm not even going to attempt to explain how micellar technology works but Lab Muffin has a post that explains it very clearly with diagrams here if you're interested.

I'm a firm believer in double cleansing. I usually follow the cleansing water with a cleanser and my Clarisonic unless of course it's been a crazy day and I only have enough energy to remove my makeup. Find out which is my favourite after the jump!

Caudalie Cleansing Water

As you can already tell, I've used this one the most as I have had it the longest. I have the older version, it has since been improved and repackaged. The first thing I noticed about this was the scent. It is quite fragrant and did irritate my eyes slightly. However, I did find it to be the most moisturizing out of the three but it did leave a sticky residue behind.    

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution

Bioderma Sensibio is a cult favourite and I can understand why. It was the most effective at removing my makeup and worked wonders with my eye makeup. I don't wear waterproof makeup so I can't comment on how good it removes it but it worked a treat for the makeup I wear on a daily basis and didn't irritate at all. It didn't leave any residue and suited my combination skin.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is most similar to Bioderma Sensibio. The scent and feel is similar. However, as I am a daily liquid eyeliner and mascara wearer and found it a bit difficult to remove my eye makeup. It  took an extra cotton pad to remove it all off and required a little rubbing. Being the cheapest at half the price of the other two, I think it's a great product and would work great if you didn't wear a lot of eye makeup on a daily basis. I found it perfect for those days I chose to wear little makeup. It's also more accessible than the other two brands being readily available wherever Garnier is sold. 

My favourite ... 

It's quite obvious but Bioderma is definitely the winner for me. Garnier comes in second and Caudalie is my least favourite as I can only use it to remove face makeup. I've also been enjoying using Suzuran Lily Bell Cleansing Cotton Wipes with the cleansing waters as they are like makeup wipes that haven't been soaked and one wipe is enough for the entire face.

No comments:

Post a Comment